Physiotherapists are primary health care professionals with a significant role in health promotion and treatment of injury and disease. They combine their in-depth knowledge of the body and how it works with specialized hands-on clinical skills to assess, diagnose and treat symptoms of illness, injury or disability. All physiotherapists registered to practise in Canada are qualified to provide safe and effective physiotherapy. They have met national entry-level education and practice standards, and have successfully passed a standardized physiotherapy competence examination prior to being registered with the college of physiotherapists in their province/territory.
How physiotherapy could help you?
- Whether your injury is from an accident, a sporting injury or a work injury; after your preliminary treatment, you can reach full recovery through physiotherapy.
- After an operation, or following some sporting injury or accident a patient seeks advice from a physiotherapist who will take care of you and make certain your return to a regular way of life. It can be as simple as helping somebody who is finding it challenging to deal with the pain that they are facing after an injury. However, it can be as complex as teaching somebody to walk all over again.
- Part of a physiotherapist’s job is to give the patients the proper tools to enable them to continue their treatment in their own time. In cases where a patient is they unable to walk, a physiotherapist may suggest how they can assist themselves outside of the sessions.They may also take a more hands-on strategy to the therapy using muscle releases and stretches.
- Before any physiotherapy can commence there needs to be a complete comprehensiveanalysis of the patient and the injury that they have faced.
- Muscles that are not able to move for a number of weeks become weak and lose flexibility, and they might become less collaborated since normal activity has been eliminated. Physiotherapy puts in place a schedule that helps to recover the balance between muscle and bone through specialised training, muscle releases and stretching.
- Physiotherapists deal with a vast array of people with a variety of issues that are causing them pain. When it concerns physiotherapy, every patient is special, and each patient has an individual case that is triggering them pain. It takes a skilled expert to notify and certify the issues incorrect with a patient and then bring them back to their typical state.